Workspaces are hosted private collaborative analytic environments within the platform, which a distributed team can access through both their web browser and virtual desktop environments (where applicable). Workspaces provide a model for teams that may align to projects, programmes, or working groups from one or more organisations or departments.
The core principles of a workspace are:
- Workspaces are private to their members.
- User access to workspace features and data is managed through a permissions model and can be maintained by a Workspace Administrator.
- Workspaces are configured based on file and database storage and compute requirements, virtual desktop requirements, and any additional add-on services (such as the R Shiny server).
- Users manage their data in their workspace including modelling, cleansing, filtering and sharing.
- Workspaces allow you to manage core data assets such as database files and tables, documents and scripts.
- Once uploaded, files, database and data files are readable and writable via both the web interface and the optional virtual desktop environment.
- Workspaces provide audit reporting.