To create a new file in the web-based platform:
- Navigate to the workspace where you want to create the file.
- Click the 'Add' dropdown menu and select the type of file you want to create:
- SQL file (.sql)
- R file (.r)
- Report file (.rnw)
- Text file (.txt)
- Other file (*.*)
- Enter the name for the file then click 'Create new File'. This creates the new file and opens a text editor, allowing you to create the required file directly in your workspace.
- Choose which folder you'd like your new file to be created in from either the Scripts or Documents folders, or the folder that you are currently within.
- Once you have added your content, save the file.
You can also watch the video in the Navigating the Files tab article for a visual walkthrough.