Workspace Administrators are responsible for inviting members to a workspace and ensuring that their access is granted via a number of role-based levels.
Before a user can be invited to a workspace they must have a Workspaces account. Once the a user account request has been processed, the Workspace Administrator can invite the new user to their workspace and assign their role at one of following specific levels: Observer, Standard User, Workspace Administrator or Contributor.
Assigning a role to a new workspace invitee
To ensure that a user is granted the correct role:
- visit the Workspace Administrator’s homepage to display the full list of workspaces
- select the workspace that the new user should be added to
- click on ‘Invite or edit Members’ in the right-hand panel to display this window
From here individual users can be selected by clicking ‘Invite’ next to their name. Once the member has been invited, you have the option of selecting which user level they should be assigned. Simply use the dropdown menu next to their name and select either Observer, User (i.e. Standard User), Administrator (i.e. Workspace Administrator), or Contributor.
Once all required changes have been made, click ‘Save Changes’.
Note the coloured status indicators beside the user names; this indicates if they have accepted the invite (green), or if it's still pending (yellow).
Changing the role of an existing workspace member
If you need to change the access level of a workspace member for any reason, simply:
- select the workspace that the user belongs to
- click on ‘Invite or edit Members’ in the right-hand panel to display the window above
- use the dropdown menu next to their name to select either Observer, Standard, Administrator or Contributor
- click ‘Save Changes’